- Parental guidance for children is mandatory
- Work in an organized & uncluttered area
- Ensure you have good ventilation, especially when using tools
over 200°F / 95°C
- Avoid trailing electrical cables
- Do not use electrically powered items near water
- Do not lean or reach over the heated tools
- Do NOT touch the heated parts at
- Set the tools to the lowest effective temperature
- Do not leave tools switched on unattended
- Clean wax off your tools regularly
- DO NOT HEAT THE WAX COLOUR
ABOVE ITS FLASH POINT!!!!
- In the event of a burn act as advised
- In the event of fire use a powder
- Read the official warning statements that
our toxicologist and chemist have made for us.
CL LABELLING NOTES:
WARNING: CONTACT WITH MOLTEN WAX
OR HEATING IMPLEMENT MAY RESULT IN A SKIN BURN.
Avoid skin contact.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
FIRST AID: If skin burn occurs,
treat with ice compress for 15 minutes. If symptoms persist,
see a physician. For
further health information contacts a poison control center or
happen to anyone if you are careless
FIRST AID: If
skin burn occurs, treat with ice compress as soon as possible for
15 minutes. If symptoms persist, see a physician.
- Parental guidance and supervision are mandatory
if material is going to be melted or used. ***Children could
be severely burned
- Warning: Incorrect heating of
this material could result in a fire.
- Fire extinguisher: A dry chemical
fire extinguisher should be available if material is heated.
- If heated: a well ventilated area should
- Do not heat above the flash point. Wax can
catch on fire if
INHALATION: wax fumes from heating. Fumes from overheated wax
may be mildly irritating to nose, throat, and eyes. Usually not
EFFECTS OF OVER-EXPOSURE (EO) OR FIRST AID (FA): Remove
to fresh air. Call a doctor.
Enjoy the wonderful experience
and fantastic effects that encaustic art offers. Work
carefully & follow the advice here.
Accidents do happen, but need not and can often be avoided by
sensible practice and a calm workspace.
Please take the time to read through these notes of advice, they
are here to help you get the best from the encaustic art activity.
Thanks for your time and attention in this respect.